Friday

Things come together

I found out yesterday that I have been accepted to the Fall 2006 Fully-Employed MBA program at UCI's Paul Merage school of business. This is, without a doubt, some of the best news I've heard in a long time. For those keeping up, I decided sometime in May that I felt like going back to school. I applied to one program and had about two months to get everything together. Well, it got together, and I'm now going to be a proud Anteater come September. My 26th year on planet earth will be once again as a starving student.

I'm really getting back to the student roots, and moving out into a new apartment closer to school and work with a friend of mine. After three years of living alone, I'm getting a roommmate again. Apartment-mate is more like it; "flatmate" for you folks in London. The place is nice - roomie and has fine amenities like a few pools, a workout facility, BBQ's and billiards, and the apartment itself is beautiful. My friend and I are very excited. Above all things, though, this place is "pet friendly" - a blessing considering there will be a cat moving in with said roommate and I will hopefully be getting a dog as soon as I learn to manage my work and school schedule.

There is one more thing left to "come together" neatly in all of this. I don't dare whisper its name for fear it does not come. But with so many sea changes in my life, I have a strange inkling that there is a shudder in my reality that will bring the final piece falling into the picture.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick O'Neil said...

It is beautiful when it all falls into place – congratulations!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Bwana said...

Excellent choice, Madamoiselle! It sounded like you were ready to move to the next stage of higher Bird-Ness... Keep us all updated!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home