Thursday

Heading Out

I turned 26 last weekend (toot toot toot) and so for my birthday I'm going back to NJ for a few days. I miss my family so bad. I won't get to see Matt, since he's still in France, but I will get to see my mom, dad, twin brothers (not my twins...they're each others' twin), dogs, cousins, aunts, uncles, granpa, oh geeze...everyone. People are just coming to see me. Its pretty crazy. So much for a relaxing weekend. I told Steve (the new BF, yes I'm still quite excited about this) that when I come visit, its like a giant Panda being born at the zoo. And everyone comes into town to see it.

I start school at the end of the month. Whoa. School. I remember when I posted that I decided to apply to school. That was only back in May. August is almost over, but it went FAST. Didn't it?

The cat has stopped peeing on the furniture. VICTORY!

I had such good sushi last night. Seriously. But it was a comedy of errors with the waitress. She was a young girl who barely spoke English. Obviously some indeterminate Asian language was her first. I was excited when I saw pompano on the menu. Pompano is a small silver fish; they make sushi out of the meat, and then fry the entire rest of the fish (head, bones, and all) and serve it like a cracker. Its really good, actually. So I ordered that. The trainee nodded and just said "OK, yes, OK" and left. So everyone else gets their food and were offering it to me to taste, but I didn't eat much because I was waiting for my pompano. Finally everyone had finished their dinners, and I still had no pompano. So my friend Sarah's boyfriend (also named Steve, do not get them confused, because we do...) calls the head waitress who is training the young girl. He asks where my pompano is, and she says, "Oh we have no pompano today, sorry" so I had to order something else for dinner, after everyone else had already eaten. Awkward. I got a few hand rolls, they were great though. Huge, and full of awesome spicy fish. Anyway, we get the bill, and sure enough young trainee's still charged me for the non-existent pompano. Oh well. Minor things yes, and it didn't get me down, it was just funny. The sushi was fantastic though.

Well if I get time back in NJ I'll blog from there. I'm back and bloggin'...all two or three of you who read this, how excited are YOU?

1 Comments:

Blogger Patrick O'Neil said...

Ecstatic!!!

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home