Tuesday

"My wife is beautiful"

I went to the doctor a month ago and was told I was most likely toxic for mercury. This was alarming, since it wasn't what I went into the doctor for, but apparently my symptoms mimicked mercury toxicity. I was upset about this because I really like sushi and figured it was my weekly sushi consumption habit that was causing this to happen. Ruh-roh.

Anyway, I avoided sushi for about a month until my bloodwork came back. And it turns out, I'm not toxic for mercury at all. I'm the picture of heavy metal health.

So I decided to go get some sushi for lunch today. I've waited long enough and a little lunchtime Japanese sounded like the greatest thing ever. I ordered a spicy tuna hand roll and a yellowtail hand roll, and some of this amazing chicken udon soup that they make better than anyone ever has. This is seriously some delicious soup. I am convinced it has magical healing properties.

As I ate my soup I overheard the patrons at the table next to me. Two businessmen ordered some sushi and started tapping on their Treos. One of them looked about 3 years older than the other guy. The older guy handed his friend his silver Treo, saying "Here, take a look at this."

The younger guy took a hold of the Treo, and made a little happy remark at the picture displayed. "This is your daughter?"

"Yeah, beautiful isn't she?"

"She is, she is. I bet you're happy!"

"Absolutely, man. Absolutely. I mean, my life is perfect. I have a beautiful daughter. My daughter is just so beautiful. My wife is beautiful. I have a beautiful family, home, and everything is great. I don't even care about my house, a job, it doesn't matter...my wife is beautiful and my baby is perfect and my life is perfect."

I love when a man brags about his wife. There's a certain sense of love and devotion to gushing about the beauty of one's spouse, and especially a man praising his wife. You can't argue with it and I think everyone can appreciate the love there.

I kept eating my soup, wondering if there was someone out there who someday will hand my picture to his friend and say, "This is my beautiful wife."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a huge problem with mercury poisoning in the lakes of northern Wisconsin. I used to eat a ton of walleye from the local lakes, but about ten years ago our DNR said that we have to limit our fish consumption in most of the lakes and rivers of northern Wisconsin to two servings per week, and lately it's been reduced to three servings per month. Some lakes, you can't even eat the fish out of.

As for the last part of your post, I agree, I think it would be awesome if someone was bragging about their husband or wife...I'm normally against marriage and the like, but when it works well, it's absolutely beautiful.

But I'm too young to know these things, heh...

7:25 PM  
Blogger Patrick O'Neil said...

Stop eating anything with a face and you'll be safe. Oops, except for that wheat gluten…

11:53 AM  
Blogger richgoldstein13 said...

He was probably gay; that woman is his beard.

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home