Thursday

Random Thursday

I think Thursday posts are going to be just bits of random thoughts as they spring to mind. I can't always be deep and pensive.

I've had a special request to show off my dog, Snowy. Oooooh...you just had to put that big red button in front of me, didn't you. Such a shiny, shiny button.

*press*














Sigh. You asked for it. I need more pictures of her. I wish I had a real camera.

I don't understand why it takes women an hour to do their makeup. I have really put a lot of thought into this, and I still don't get it.

I ate shrimp last night, and every time I eat shrimp I feel like I'm reclaiming my lost youth. My parents insisted I was allergic to it for so many years, either in an effort to protect my health or perhaps their wallets. Finding out I actually have no food allergies was liberating. Therefore, when I eat shrimp, I feel slightly rebellious against my parents.

That said, I just realized I'm the wimpiest rebel in the world. Some kids go nuts and get tattoos, piercings, do drugs, run away, etc. Me? I colored my hair purple. Coming home with my aubergine head, my mom's first comment was "Oh you look so pretty! What a lovely purple color!" And later in my life, I eat shrimp. "Ha ha! Take THAT mom and dad!" Yeah, they're not buying it.

I always forget that a martini is really just a inverted-conicular glass of vodka. This realization usually comes after I've finished said inverted-conicular glass of vodka. Darn tasty though.

Cooked dumplings last night for someone. Special? Hm. I think so. :) Those things are painstakingly slow to cook, though. Well worth it, however. Very well worth the wait, as are many other things in life.

I just looked around my desk and realized its a mess. My car is a mess. My room is a mess. My kitchen however? I fastidiously keep it neat and clean. Something's gotta give, I suppose.

Is it wrong that its not even 10 am and all I want to do is listen to funk music?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone very special cooked for me last night. It's amazing how good a meal can make you feel when it comes from someone you enjoy being with.

1:09 PM  
Blogger The Semi-Pro Chef said...

:)

1:12 PM  
Blogger Megan McMillan said...

Super-cute doggie!

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home