Friday

Sleep in my head

I've been listening to Sufjan Stevens' Greetings From Michigan about nonstop the past few days. Other things on constant play:

William Orbit - Strange Cargoes
Four Tet - Rounds
Drums & Tuba - Mostly Ape (the song Brain Liaters puts me in a sexy mood)
A Pacific Model - Divisions (probably my most recent favorite album)

All of these albums are pretty low-key and moody, like a deep afternoon trip into the mind. Sometimes I like to put on music that just sort of harmonizes with the chords of my mood. Right now, at this instant, the 9 minute and 35 second jam of Unspoken by Four Tet is helping me space out while still tuning into the needs of the day.

Music and food. I think these are the two things I blog the most about.

And now the food...again today for lunch I had something called a "salad" that had no real business calling itself a salad. There was lettuce and some tomatoes, but that was about it. "Taco Salad" it was called. I really do get a kick out of ordering things that attempt to call themselves "Salads" but are really just bowls of chicken, cheese, and chips.

I'm going to the Gilroy Garlic Festival this year. Today I had a couple garlic herb french fries. Now, I cannot wait for July. Stay a good 50 yards away from me if you're downwind, folks. I have no self control.

Blissing out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home